The Storm Damage Insurance Claim
Insurance claims are not fun. Bad things happen to everyone, everywhere. Admitting vulnerability is not something most people are used to facing. It can make us feel very fragile and helpless. First, and most importantly, attend to life-threatening situations immediately. If there is a health emergency such as a potential trip to the ER, those come first. Second, make immediate plans to contact Avsten Construction to assess the storm damage if it is harmful to your living spaces, such as a flood or a tree has fallen on your house.
You will then need to file an insurance claim to help assist you in the recovery process. We understand these are difficult times. Take a deep breath and know that you are not alone. Avsten Construction is here to help!
Filing a Property Insurance Claim for Storm Damage
You will need to call your insurance agent to start your claim process. The insurance company will then send out an adjuster to investigate the storm damage.
- Let your insurance agent know this is an EMERGENCY SITUATION. Therefore, Avsten Construction can promptly secure the property.
- Tell your insurance company that we are a Storm Damage Restoration Contractor, and provide 24/7 emergency support to protect your home from further damage.
- This action will allow us to tarp your home, roof, and windows immediately to prevent any further damages.
A Storm Damage Project Manager from Avsten Construction will work with your insurance adjuster to evaluate the true value of your structure damage so our restoration reconstruction crews can restore your home properly.
Roof Insurance Claims
Need a Roof Inspection?
If you think your roof is damaged during a storm, the first thing to do is contact us. When wind, hail, or other natural events damage your roof, we can help restore your peace of mind. We will evaluate, take pictures, and give you a full report for your insurance agent. You will also need to ask about their policy regarding the filing of roofing insurance claims for storm damage.
Your insurance agent will then advise you in proper procedures and deadlines. If you need help talking to your agent, our storm damage project coordinator will assist you. We will also be glad to meet the adjuster on the roof and point out what we found to help get your property fully restored to pre-storm condition.
Insurance claims for your storm damaged roof
- We can explain to your adjuster, in detail, exactly what damage was found during our inspection and the date of the occurrence. If your roof is leaking, it will need to be repaired or replaced immediately to avoid further damage to the interior of your home.
- We can get a crew out right away to patch holes with waterproof plywood or a tarp until it can be properly repaired. It’s important to inform your agent of any repairs that need to be made. After you contact your insurance agent, you will be contacted by the department that handles roofing insurance claims for storm damage. Then an adjuster will contact you to schedule an inspection. We can also provide the insurance company with the storm damage photos and an estimate on the cost of repair or replacement.
The Avsten storm damage reconstruction team specializes in restoring your storm damaged home quickly, and with quality material. We understand that your home is more than a house. This experience is very personal, and we treat it as such.